Home Office Essentials for the Virtual Assistant
Jan 08, 2011
You are thinking about becoming a virtual assistant but don’t know if you have the right software and equipment? Here are the basics:
- Computer with high speed internet
- MS Office software
- Fax capabilities (either e-fax capability or a physical fax machine will do)
- Unlimited long distance calling, preferably from a dedicated home phone line
- Hands-free devise for your phone to make it easy to talk and type
- Anti virus program for your computer
- A backup storage system for electronic files (external hard drive, or my favorite – an automatic backup program like mozy.com, ibackup.com, or carbonite.com)
- A quiet and comfortable place to work
Anything else will depend on the services you are offering and the clients you will be assisting. The basics listed above should be enough to get you started.
Keep in touch with us to stay informed of the latest news from VAQ!
Visit our Resource page to join our mailing list and download our great list of resources!